I have driven my fair share of vehicles. However, there are certain makes and models that make my heart skip a beat at the mere thought. One is the pickup truck. Yep! Girls drive trucks too.
I have been infatuated with the double cab pickup truck since I was a young girl. Every time I have the pleasure of driving one, I feel nostalgic, I feel empowered and I feel like a total bad a##. So you already know that since I not only love trucks but one with a sexy, sassy cab, that when the 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR5 arrived at my place I was in truck heaven.
Keep reading to check out why girls drive trucks too…
Toyota Tacoma SR5 Double Cab Pickup Truck
1. Feeling Empowered
Driving a pickup can easily make anyone feel empowered. Why? Well, they are big, bold, and usually pretty beautiful. Oh, and let’s not forget, that when on the road, other cars usually just get out of the way. Additionally, being able to handle something of that magnitude is pretty impressive. Well, that’s what I have been told.
Now don’t get me wrong, I totally understand that the size can be a bit intimidating at first. However, the Toyota Tacoma is super smooth and extremely easy to drive. Additionally, the rear-view camera is there to assist when backing up and parking. #SoNoWorries!
2. Sense of Safety
Feeling safe while on the road is imperative. There is nothing worse than that uneasy feeling we have all felt during rush hour traffic.
A few things that make me feel safe when driving a pickup, is being able to see what’s coming due to great visibility of the road, and of other drivers from sitting up so high. Secondly, pickup trucks are larger than most vehicles you see on the road, which increases the chance of walking away from an accident unharmed.
Additionally, Toyota has upped the safety game, by equipping their vehicles with Toyota Safety Sense.
What is Toyota’s Safety Sense? It is a system designed to help protect drivers, passengers, people in other vehicles on the road, and pedestrians from harm.
Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Alert
- Automatic High Beams
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Road Sign Assist
3. Own Your Independence
A lot of people have asked me, “What’s the big deal with girls and pickup trucks?” Short answer, “Pickup trucks bring confidence and also for owning your independence, they are fun to drive and gorgeous”
The powerful 3.5 Liter V.6 Engine in the 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Double Cab, along with the available tow package, provides you with the ability to tow up to 6400 lbs., or carry a payload of up to 1440 lbs. So, no need to hire someone, because you have the ability to tow, haul a trailer, and/or load pieces of furniture, etc., etc., at your own convenience.
- What is a Payload? It is the maximum amount of weight you can safely add to a truck’s cargo area in addition to its empty weight (or curb weight).
4. Very Versatile
Since the pickup truck is so versatile, you have the option of:
- Doing some major off-roading.
- Turning the bed of the truck into a mini pool party (my ex used to do this all the time).
- Sleeping under the stars in that same bed.
- Hanging with the girls.
- Going on a solo/family road trip.
- Side Note: Pickups are very comfortable and most have a luxe vibe. So being uncomfortable should be the least of your worries.
- Getting all dolled up for date night with your boo-thang.
- Side Note: When you have a 2021 Toyota Tacoma in VooDoo Blue valeting at a Gala is definitely in the cards.
Not much is off limits with a pickup! That’s the beauty of owning one.
5. Feeling Nostalgic
It never fails! Anytime I get behind the wheel of a pickup I start reminiscing about the good old days.
I drove a pickup for the first time in 1999. My ex purchased one, and once I learned how to handle it properly, it basically became mine…well in MY head at least.
He would wake up, and I would be gone with my friends joy riding for hours. He used to get so annoyed. Yep! The good old days.
Tacoma SR5 Double Cab Pickup Truck SPECS
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Double Cab Pickup comes equipped with a 3.5 Liter V.6 Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission and 278 hp.
Additional SPECS shown below…
- Starting MSRP: $35,805, Price Tested: $44,550
- 18/22/20 MPG (City/Highway/Combined)
- 5 Passenger Seats
- Child-protector rear door locks
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat including 2-way lumbar support; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- 6-Ft. Bed
- Crawl Control/Trailer Sway Control
- 8-in. touchscreen
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay & Amazon Alexa compatible
- Hands-free phone capability
- Music streaming via Bluetooth
- Three total USB ports: (one USB media port, two USB charge ports)
- ToyotaCare featuring a complimentary maintenance plan with Roadside Assistance
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Basic Warranty – 36 months/36,000 miles
- Powertrain – 60 months/60,000 miles
- Corrosion Perforation – 60 months/unlimited miles
- Restraint Systems – 60 months/60,000 miles