Shopping for your wedding needs, whether it is wedding dresses, wedding shoes, wedding veils, wedding favors, wedding invitations, etc., it is hard to beat on the web as there are actually great prices to be had! But there is an abundance of online stores making the choices overwhelming and that means there are some “fly-by-nights” that we do not want you to fall victim to, so we hope this 5 minute read (yes, we clocked it ) tips for shopping online will help prepare you for the challenge of finding your ultimate wedding dress for the best price. Which is true with many things – no pain, no profit… It’s the same when searching for an online store; they do not just fall into the lap. You need to look for it, but we are sure these tips will help put you in the driver’s seat.
Do your research
- There are many wedding dress stores online . Whatever store you are thinking of, check out their testimonials, but remember when you do that there will always be some dissatisfied customers, because frankly there are people out there who just are not happy campers no matter what and bad luck seems to follow them, so when One looks through testimonials, does not discount a wedding dress store because of a few bad reviews compared to hundreds of good ones.
- Find out what their return is. Tailored items and down and dirty priced items will probably not be refundable, if damaged. So it’s something else for you to weigh – at the right price – if it’s not damaged and sees something you saw on their website – will you be able to be happy?
- Visit the Better Business Bureau to see if they are in good standing.
- Call the company – this is a big one… Do they answer the phone, is the person answering the phone knowledgeable?
- You are probably all over the web looking at things for your wedding and with that you will see websites that advertise online wedding dress stores. Notice which ones you see most often as they will be the most reputable ones.
When it comes to the worry of not being able to try on wedding dresses in advance to make sure that suits your everyday life. That’s what the bridal shops are for. Go try sleeveless and long sleeves, straight and stylish or big and full, ivory and white, short, long, with train and without. Then armed with your notes, go online and find what you want. You can also go to designer stores and look at specific brands like Dessy, Alfred Angelo, Jessica McClintock and Vera Wang and then go to your online wedding dress store of choice (after doing all your homework from above on them) and find either the exact designer dresses or really good imitations by dozens of fantastic designers.
Buying online offers convenience and good prices, but it can also have some risk. You pay in advance without directly seeing or trying on goods and you could be open to identity theft, but here are some ways to reduce this risk:
- When looking for your wedding dress online, go with brands and websites that you know.
- Shop online stores that have been recommended to you from friends, family and websites that you know and trust.
- Do not send money to a website that does not have a physical address or customer service phone number.
- Pay for your wedding dress with a credit card. This is another biggy! If you are dissatisfied, quite often you can get your credit card company to reverse the charges, if your reasons are valid.
- Trust your instincts; If you do not feel comfortable or if you feel pressured, do not buy it.
Other Notes to Consider When Buying a Wedding Dress Online:
* Of course, seizures of your wedding dress are also a concern when shopping online, but it should not be a major concern. If it is not a perfect fit (although it should be really close as long as you measure yourself accurately and use your website size charts), wedding dresses can usually be changed up to 2 sizes in either direction, and even at some extra cost to change the dress, Are you wedding dress still sure to be priced well below retail!
* Many of the wedding dresses can take some time to get, so ORDER early. Online designer dresses at prices far below retail are not “off rack” orders. Make sure you call them to check stock information. Don’t just order online; talk to a living person. It’s worth the extra few minutes to confirm your choice is available!